Current Affairs Today 22nd April 2016 Daily GK updates
|Current Affairs Today 22nd April 2016 Daily GK updates|
1. On which date We Observed Earth Day?
Ans: April 22
2. Between which two Asian countries agree for peaceful negotiations to settle border issue?
Ans: India, China
3. Government aims to remove poverty by —————— Year
4. Name the diplomat, who has honored by the Cyprus?
Ans: Amitav Banerji
Cyprus President: Nicos Anastasiades
Cyprus Capital: Nicosia
5. Name the Pop superstar who has passed away recently?
Ans: Prince Rogers Nelson
He won seven Grammy Awards, a Golden Globe and earned 30 nominations. He also won an Oscar for the song score “Purple Rain”.
6. who has conferred with the French top honor?
Ans: Tara Gandhi Bhattacharjee.
Tara Gandhi Bhattacharjee Is Mahatma Gandhi’s granddaughter.
‘The Order of Arts and Letters’ for her contribution in promoting peace, solidarity, culture, education, and development.
7. What is the new name given to department of disinvestment?
The new department has been mandated to the advise of government in the matters of financial restructuring of central public sector enterprises and for attracting investment through capital markets”, as per a notification issued by the Cabinet Secretariat in this regard. Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had also announced renaming of the Department of Disinvestment in his budget speech for 2016-17.
8. Who has been appointed executive chairman of the Centrum Group?
Ans: Jaspal Bindra.
Founder of Centrum Group – Chandir Gidwani
Executive Director of Centrum Capital group – K Sandeep Nayak.
9. Which has become the world’s first region to element malaria completely?
10. Which city will host YOGA day 2016?
11. According to FDI Intelligence Report India has replaced which country as top destination for FDI?
There was an 8% increase in project numbers to 697, according to FDI Intelligence, a division of The Financial Times.
India replaced China “following a year of high-value project announcements specifically across the coal, oil and natural gas and renewable energy sectors”, the report said.
China suffered a 23 % decline in capital investment.
Important Daily GK Updates 22nd march 2016 current affairs
Simhastha Kumbh Mela 2016 begins in Ujjain
Saurabh Agarwal, Managing Director, Regional Head of Corporate Finance, South Asia, Standard Chartered Bank will be joining Aditya Birla Group as their chief strategy officer.
Chadian President Idriss Deby wins fifth term
Mahindra & Mahindra First Indian Company To Join EP100 Campaign.