Top 10 quotes of PM Modi at UN summit
UN Summit:Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday made a strong pitch for reforms in the UN security council while addressing the United Nations Sustainable Development Summit. Here are his top five quotes…
* We must reform the UN, including its Security Council, so that it has greater credibility and legitimacy.
* We should a create a world where everyone feels protected and respected.*
* Eradicating poverty is the top priority for us. We have launched several programmes to empower the poor. Education and skill development are priorities for us.
* For the people of India, it is a matter of satisfaction that there are many similarities between the path India has chosen for development and the UN goals for sustainable development.
* The world talks of public and private sector. We are looking at the personal sector. This means individual enterprise, innovation…
* We are working towards making agriculture more productive and helping farmers suffering from natural adversities.
* The world is connected and dependant on each other. Our international partnerships need to be centred on progress of humanity.
* I represent a culture where the earth is considered our mother. We see the entire world as one family.
* If we all want the world to be peaceful and development for the world, poverty needs to be tackled.
* PM Modi ended his speech with a mantra from the Upanishad: ॐ सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः, सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः । सर्वे भद्राणि पश्यन्तु, मा कश्चिद्दुःखभाग्भवेत् (May all be happy, may all be healthy, may all see welfare, may no one have any sorrow).